December 19, 2009

Chocolate Covered Pecan Pie


Tonight we are invited to a study circle / dinner party at our good friend Pari's home. I didn't want to go empty handed, and since dinner was provided, I wanted to whip up some dessert. I had about three hours to come up with something different, mouth watering, and relatively quick. So I go through my fridge and see that I have a bowl of caramel and pecan filling and dough which I can use for a shell. I got it! I can make a chocolate covered Pecan Pie.


Chocalate covered pecan pie takes about several hours to make so I do have enough time. This is a unique pecan pie that has always been a hit. Everyone who tastes this extraordinary dessert falls in love with it because of its rich taste.


The caramel and pecan filling is enclosed in the mouth watery shell. Finally chocolate is poured over it to form a complete covering. Very rich in taste and so delicious with tea or coffee, it hits the spot! My husband Prabakar was very excited as this is one of his favorite desserts. As we drove to the party Prabakar was stating that he could smell the chocolate and it was killing him. He was so hungry that he wanted to have the dessert first because of the incredible chocolate smell. At the party, it was a hit. No one had taste a pecan pie like it!

2 comments:

  1. that looks really good, I want to try it someday. You seem like a awesome cook. -Serena :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Serena, I promise one day you will be able to try it!

    ReplyDelete