January 27, 2010

French Rollet Baking Class

Our first French Baking class took place finally last Sunday. I had one person after another ask me, "when will you start teaching your classes?" I also started getting emails from people asking about classes, so finally I just decided I had to just do it.



There was a lot to prepare for in a very short amount of time and I must admit I was a little panicked the night before. Thanks to my husband, he calmed me down and helped me prepare. I taught some of my closest friends first who had been wanting to take the class, and decided they would be great students to experiment on. Also I knew they are easy going and fun to be with and would give me good feedback. The baking class was on how to make a Rollet cake from scratch. The cake comprised of chocolate shavings and fruit decorations on top and fresh whipped cream inside the white cake.


There were 6 students, Amy, Mike, Nancy, Maria, Sally, and Jinous. The class was held at Jinous' home who was very generous to open up her kitchen and host the class. Her large kitchen with an island was the perfect setting for the baking class. The students made their own Rollet cakes with complete hands on experience. I provided all the equipment and ingredients needed, so they did not have to worry about bringing anything. I demonstrated and guided them in what they were to do, and then allowed them to do it on their own which they preferred and was the best way to learn. Their final work of art was impressive for their first time. I am definitely proud of each one of them and know they will go home and practice and perfect their baking talents even more.


You are all talented and awesome baking students and have inspired me in your conviction and dedication! Your efforts definitely paid off and it shows in your beautifully decorated Rollet cakes. I thank each one of you and wish you success in your baking endeavours!


Now that the first class is behind me, I am going to be having these classes regularly. If any of you are interested, please contact me. We can either have these classes in my kitchen or at your homes. I offer giving classes for up to 6 students at a time.

Finally, I also want to share that I have dedicated my baking business and endeavours to raise money for the less fortunate. My husband and I wish to dedicate our time and efforts to raise money to help those in need. We are so fortunate and have many wonderful things in life to be grateful for, that we cannot forget the less fortunate peoples of this world. We know we can't solve world hunger, but if we think that way, then nothing will get done. Instead we have to do our small part individually to make a change because its the multitude of small parts that make the difference. All proceeds from my baking business will go towards charitable purposes.

2 comments:

  1. I had the bounty of taking one of Nadia's French baking classes which I thoroughly enjoyed. We baked a Rollete pastry that looked beautiful, but most of all,was very delicious! In the baking class, Nadia's directions were explicit and it was so helpful to have her share and demonstrate the techniques she has mastered in baking. This made the experience very enjoyable. You will leave Nadia's class feeling like true a French Baker even though you may be a total novice at baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maria for the great comment, but it takes two to tango. You were an amazing student focused on learning and being precise. Those two qualities will prevail in your baking, as it has!

    ReplyDelete