November 25, 2009

Rollet chocolate cake with chocolate shavings topped with raspberries

Today I had a French Chocolate Rollet birthday cake order. This is a birthday cake for a friend's mom and she loves chocolate and raspberries. It will be a chocolate cake with fresh whip cream in it and on top, then decorated with chocolate shavings and raspberries. For my cakes I never use frosting. I am totally against frosting - its high in sugar, cheap, and does not make for a delicious tasting cake.

Lets get started and see how it turns out............. I have finished! Check out my work of art - it looks fabulous.

It will taste delicious too. Recently most of my orders have been rollet cakes and I enjoy making them. I also decided to add mandarin oranges to it for a more diverse colorful look. This particluar cake will easily serve 20 people and it is something different than your usual round or rectangular birthday cakes. It has a different look which I think captures the eyes. It will be eaten on Thanksgiving day, so I will have to wait and hear the reviews. It is really fun making something too pretty to eat :)

OK, gotta get back to other thanksgiving day pastries. I will be making an apricot pie with almond and custard filling - a french style of making pies. It was a huge hit in the days of our bakery and I expect it will be a hit again this year. Of course there will be pumpkin pie as well, but thats nothing to rave about. I will post some pictures of the apricot pie though.

Happy thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment